A Whole Week of Good
April 8, 2021
We have had so much fun helping SHARE Omaha promote Do Good Week over the last few months.
SHARE Omaha has brought an incredible opportunity to our community. When our friends at the Omaha Community Foundation drew Omaha Gives to a close – after 8 years and $58 million raised – they passed the collective giving torch to SHARE Omaha. These are big shoes to fill, but the smart, connected team at SHARE Omaha is more than ready for the challenge.
Case in point: they’ve expanded the one day of giving into an entire week. Do Good Week is April 19 through April 24, and we’re eager to participate to support SHARE Omaha, our nonprofit clients and our community!
Do Good Week is about all of the ways to give – your donations, your time, your gently-used items, and your attention.
If you’re looking for ways to do good, we have just the plan for you:
- April 19: Mission Monday – Support the important efforts of Project Harmony by taking the pledge to end child abuse and be someone for the children in our community.
- April 20: New Donor Tuesday – We worked with Heartland Family Service to create a donor awareness and fundraising campaign to expand the possibilities for individuals, children and families in our community. Please consider supporting this expansive and extraordinary organization. So everyone can.
- April 21: Wish List Wednesday – VNA is one of our community’s oldest nonprofits – they’re celebrating their 125th anniversary this year! And they’re one of our agency’s long-standing clients. VNA is a tremendous organization, and we are so proud of the compassionate, expert care they provide throughout our area to those in need. It’s so easy to buy an item from their wish list, and you’ll be supporting an organization that truly saves lives.
- April 22: Volun-Thursday – CRCC is looking for volunteers at their upcoming gala, Moonbeams and Big Dreams, on Saturday, May 15, 2021. You will never see bigger smiles than on the faces of the children who are empowered by CRCC’s services. If you live in Southwest Iowa, Council Bluffs Schools Foundation needs volunteers for their before- and after-school programs, located in 10 different elementary schools across the city.
- April 23: Fund It Friday – If equitable, active transportation gets you pumped up, consider donating to Bike Walk Nebraska. You’ll be supporting their advocacy and awareness efforts all across the state.
And on Saturday, we celebrate! We know we’ll have lots of stories to share, new organizations to promote and so many warm and fuzzy feelings to remember for years to come.
Big thanks to our friends at SHARE Omaha who have really outdone themselves with Do Good Week. It’s a huge undertaking: organizing hundreds of nonprofits and thousands of volunteers and donors to all participate in one big week of giving back.
Please join us in lifting up our neighbors, making an impact and doing good.